Thursday, June 7, 2012

An Evening of Artistry

Last Thursday I had the honor of participating in "An Evening Of Artistry", a charity event benefitting the Everlasting Smiles Foundation. Everlasting Smiles Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for young people in the Los Angeles and Orange County areas who suffer from a life threatening illness by motivating them to smile and enjoy life as long as they live.  This is my third year that I have contributed an art piece to their silent auction and it is always a highlight of my year.

This year I wanted to do something extra special. So I sketched up this drawing on a piece of wood.
Then a few days later and a couple drops of paint, my piece "All Aboard The Monkey Cupcake Train" was completed! Voila!
I couldn't have been more happy to see Taylor, who bid on my piece,  win the silent auction. From one monkey to another, she really knew how to put a smile on my face.


What a wonderful evening of art and hope! Tootles for now!

1 comment: