Sunday, August 28, 2011

KUNG FU CLUB'N


Howdy!!! Sometimes a lot of people ask us do you only draw Monkeys? And I always reply of course not. I also draw KUNG FU!!! This past Thursday I attended my first Drawing Club. It's a super nice relaxing evening workshop in Glendale with themed figure drawing models. Last Thursday's theme was Hong Kong Cinema so of course I had to attend!!! It's been awhile since I've done any figure drawing. Actually I think this was my first time actually doing a live figure drawing. Let's take a look at my quick sketches, shall we?
Not too shabby, but I still have a long ways to go. That's the great thing about being an artist. You constantly have to keep improving and learning from your environment and all the awesome people around you. Speaking of awesome people. Take a look at John Yu's custom Deadly Ninja Monkey he painted up. Here's a photo he sent me.
That's pretty SAAAHHHWEEET!!! Speaking of sweet folks. Here's Lil' Miss Broyles and her Kung Fu Cutey shirt.
She's definitely a Kung Fu Cutey!!! Well that's about it for this week. Oh yeah, hold on here's this weeks Post-It Project Posting...vroom...vroom...
Thanks so much everybody for always sending me photos of your customs or you wearing your Hyperactive Monkey gear. It means a lot to me!!! Keep on Hyperactive Monkeying!!! Ciaoooo!!!

1 comment: